Thursday, April 21, 2011

AT&T Admits it can't handle the iPhone (News)

AT&T currently wants to buy T-Mobile and their explanation into wanting to do so is that the network wasn't ready for any of the new Smartphones or Tablets that come along.
Smartphones generate 24% more mobile data trafic than the "dumbphone" and a Tablet (such as iPad) generates either equal or even greater to that of the smartphone. AT&T's data volume went up 8,000% from 2007 to 2010 thus giving the company more capacity restraints than any other wireless provider. The problem is surly getting worse for the market is now using more video and enterprise apps, the company guesses that the network traffic they carry will increase for the first five to seven weeks of 2015.

AT&T says that with the new T-Mobile deal:
"...will thus benefit consumers by reducing the number of dropped and blocked calls, increasing data speeds, improving in-building coverage, and dramatically expanding deployment of the next-generation mobile technology."

(had to add this)

12 comments:

  1. There is no AT&T where I live but I've heard from a lot of people that it sucks :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn i never knew it increased data traffic so much! Great blog man, im following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AT&T needs to go away already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate AT&T. Horrible internet service, capping data, and now this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. AT&T sucks, I like my cheap MetroPCS ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats this all about we only just got the speaky machine in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I have to transfer from T-mobile as soon as I can

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I heard At&t was buying T-Mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AT&T and Sprint are two cell-phone companies that just need to go under.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AT&T suck. END.
    Cool post man.
    Check my blog out?

    ReplyDelete